Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blogging: Fun and exciting new experience may end in tears...and fire


Holy COW!!!!! Thought I'd have to donate an organ to get this entry in tonight.... all that google stuff.

There have been so many moments this last couple of weeks where I have gone – that should go in my blog…. That really needs to go in my blog…. Oh… that has to go in my blog. And so what went in my blog? – Nadda. Zip. Zero. Just this, the ultimate in emptiness; telling no-one about nothing.

Got a bit of an alarm last week when a guy I know who is a youth pastor made a couple of comments in his blog that went down like the Hindenburg. He got absolutely slaughtered by all these ‘anonymous’ entries who actually know him. It was a mess – admittedly I doubt he should have shot his mouth off about as much as he did in a blog attached to the Youth Group Website that he was overseeing. It was like a fight I saw many years ago when this guy couldn’t work out what was going on because people were taking pot shots every time he turned around to confront the coward who had hit him in the back. Once again the guy had asked for it, but nevertheless it was disturbing to see what people will do if they think they won’t be held accountable.

So…. Yes….

It made me wonder about doing this blog because I hold a fairly significant position. A position where, if I shot my mouth off, (which I can tend to) about matters where I really don’t know a lot about (which I tend to) involving people who don’t really need another person throwing in their observations (which I tend to do)… where the heck was I going with that…. Even as I read back over that I can’t remember my point. Something about being nice to the other kids. Everything… I… say… is …. in ….writing…. need …. to…. be….careful….because… it … is …. in …..writing…. can’t… do… much… when… people… have… it… in… writing.

Look, in case you are reading this and it has dawned on you that there was really no point to this – fear not! We simply call it ‘Post Modernist’ and hey presto, there’s a point in not having a point. Brilliant! Conceited and utterly pointless. And by putting the word ‘brilliant’ with an exclamation mark, people will be rushing to agree – too scared to stop and say, “Um… I don’t get what it is that was so brilliant.”
To which we say “Ah…. That’s because you are not educated.”
They will say… “…yes… I ….” And hang their head in uneducated shame. Of course if they are educated they will stalk away to their red wine, and pointlessness. Ah…. Post Modernity. The truly hip will renounce me for even referring to Post Modernity – because it is soooooooo yesteryear.

See…. Things you would never risk putting in print and do…. Blogging.

Hey and if you read this leave a comment. Someone told me they left a comment but it didn't show up. Email if it doesn't show: limbidgit@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment